About Galeria's Internship Opportunities
Galería de la Raza offers internship opportunities for college and graduate students interested in careers in the arts. Based upon their academic training and interests, as well as the availability of projects, interns work in one of the Galería's departments — curatorial, public relations, development, public programs, or our Digital Mural Project billboard. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply
Current listings are open. Spring Internships will run February-May.
If you are interested in any open internships, email Dara Katrina Del Rosario, Volunteer & Intern Coordinator, with a letter of interest and resume for this position, at volunteer@galeríadelaraza.org. No phone calls, please.
1. STUDIO 24 INTERNSHIP
Galería de la Raza has an immediate opening for a talented and motivated Studio 24 intern. The Studio 24 intern will work closely with Galería staff on a variety of projects including, but not limited to:
Provide administrative support for exhibitions in Studio 24- our office space and retail area
- Maintain Studio 24 inventory of products, ordering new products when necessary
- Research potential artists to feature work in Studio 24
- Assisting with the set up of public programs and events.
- Creating content about Galería’s products
- Overseeing ongoing maintenance and transaction of Studio 24 to a future printmaking space
- Gallery sitting when needed
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of contemporary art and art history
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Photoshop
- Ability to work unsupervised and follow through on long-term projects
- Ability to endure mild physical labor is a must
- Past experience with installing/ handling of art work and basic knowledge of tools and hardware related to exhibition installation is preferred
- Previous customer service experience is preferred
TIME COMMITMENT & COMPENSATION:
10-15 hours per week, flexible on days committed. This position is unpaid, but available for school credit. At least one day per week spent in-gallery.