About Galeria's Internship Opportunities
Galería de la Raza offers internship opportunities for college and graduate students interested in careers in the arts. Based upon their academic training and interests, as well as the availability of projects, interns work in one of the Galería's departments — curatorial, public relations, development, public programs, or our Digital Mural Project billboard. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in any future internships, email Dara Katrina Del Rosario, Volunteer & Intern Coordinator, with a letter of interest and resume for this position, at volunteer@galeríadelaraza.org. No phone calls, please.
1. PR INTERNSHIP
Galería de la Raza has an immediate opening for a multi-tasking, superstar PR intern. The intern will work closely with the Public Relations Coordinator, supporting and cultivating community, including but not limited to:
- Outreach to press outlets
- Managing documentation of public programs
- Uploading texts & images to our social media platforms
- Database entry and management
- Dissemination of printed promotion material
- Edit/manage photos and event documents
- Administer media follow up requests
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Solid writing skills, with a capability to work under tight turnaround
- Familiarity with social media platforms, some HTML, site updates
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, and Google platforms
- Experience in Photoshop a must, video or audio editing program a plus
- Past experience in public relations, photography, journalism, non-profits, or studio art/art history a plus
- Being highly organized and attentive to detail is mandatory for this position
TIME COMMITMENT & COMPENSATION:
10-15 hours per week, flexible on days committed. This position is unpaid, but available for school credit. At least one day per week spent in-gallery.